Here’s some great weekend reading in the social marketing sphere:
Is social media marketing making search campaigns cheaper?
Have you been wondering why Google’s make such a big push into display and social over the last few months? Well The Wall Street Journal has a theory: Google’s revenue growth is down 25% this year and marketers are getting more bang for their buck in search.
Social Sites Send Fewer, but More Loyal Visitors than Search
While we all like our sites to have visitors, a loyal visitor—one who returns for later visits—is especially valuable.
When Two Worlds Collide: Social Media Marketing & SEO
All of the basics of SEO will still be important, but your social media presence will be a critical part of securing your search traffic. Social media will most likely become just as important as content creation and inbound links for priming the SEO pump.
Mobile Social Networking Blurs Lines
Both mobile and social are emerging channels. Combine the two of them together, and well, you have an even less mature proposition. Not necessarily a lack of marketing opportunities, but more complications getting programs off the ground.
Less than 10% of small businesses twittering
Businesses of all sorts are becoming more social, but it seems that the most recent social tools aren’t being widely used. According to a new report from BIA/Kelsey only 9% of small businesses are using Twitter to market or engage.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Brand under attack (ecairn.com)
- Is Anyone Really Listening? Social Media Marketing (freelanceswitch.com)
- Don’t Just Filter The Noise, Cut It Out! (shegeeks.net)
- Its All About Relationships 10 09 (slideshare.net)
- The Inbound Marketing Guidebook (ducttapemarketing.com)
- SEO The Essential Business Tool (ronmedlin.com)
- Social Media Monitoring – The Need of the Hour (sociableblog.com)
- Social Media Marketing versus Social Influence Marketing (socialmediatoday.com)