Here’s a presentation from Bert DuMars, Newell Rubbermaid’s Vice President of E-Business and Interactive Marketing. Delivered at BlogWell, Atlanta, “Social Media from a Multi-Brand Perspective” covers how the company is using different social media approaches across its many brands.
The case study includes advice about how to approach multi-brand social media as an ecosystem, how to test small ideas and then scale them up, and how to engage your fans in social dialog. Both the video and deck are available below.
- Focus on your customer target
- Set clear goals and objectives
- Measure before, during, and after you engage
- Immerse yourself to better understand the ecosystem, culture, and potential uses
- Integrate with overall marketing plan, but understand social media is a long-term commitment
- Based on above, select tools and services that reach and engage your customer target
- Social Media is about people engaging with people — not robots. Show you care.